Van Damme versus Until Death

April 22, 2011

It's 2007;
Van Damme is sober.
This movie begins hardcore.
This lighting scheme is total heaven.

This, I think,
Is the most convincing herion-addicted
Character I've ever seen. 0 stink.
This cop is so dirty, so nasty.

I saw this, probably in 2009;
I went around, spoofing this, for a time.
The most absolute hardcore moment
Is the hooker scene -- he fuckin' pwns it.

This movie only lacked due
To having added cliché.
This is a total badass dude:
Insert cliché bad guy dude.

I have a few issues with this:
Van Damme is 100x more intense
Than the bad guy they press.
They needed an even-more sociopathic antagonist.

The set up is brilliant;
The execution is flawless --
Herein comes the second act;
This is where shit gets taint.

If not for trying to reinvent,
By therefore redeem Anthony Stowe,
The audience would have been scared shitless
Of this jaded, awful, harrowing jackass.

This had mad potential.
I feel somewhat let down.
This could be less conventional:
It had that depth of disturbance, all around.

If not for the hammy bad guy,
And this random coma stuff,
I totally bought in to this horrid,
Complex French tough.

This character blew me away,
After years of usual Van Damme foray.
He was nasty, repugnant:
Totally believably awful.

My hope for Van Damme
Is that they give more roles to this man
Wherein he can whip out all of his skills;
Give this guy a fucking good plot--!!